A Space for your Dreams.
The Flying Y Airport includes all of the facilities you need to fulfill your aviation dreams. Included in the sale:
- A fully remodeled three bedroom two bath home with attached two car garage, two decks, and mature landscaping.
- A 60'×70' heated hangar with 50' wide door, private office, workshop, and open mezzanine area (north hangar).
- A beautiful, private one bedroom one bath hangar loft located inside north hangar.
- A 60'×70' heated hangar with 2 × 50' wide doors on opposite sides for excellent aircraft accessibility.
- A 5600ft × 100ft gravel runway with 3000ft lighted, airport beacon, and lighted windsock.
- A dedicated heliport.
- A 2000 gallon above ground fuel tank.
- A gravel tie-down area with existing tie-down anchors and a paved apron and run-up area which connects north hangar and runway.
The geothermal heat pump installed in the north hangar utilizes the earth's heat and thermal mass for efficient heating and cooling.
The facility includes two 60' × 70' heated hangars, the north hangar and the south hangar. Located a short distance from the runway, these provide a total of 8,400 sq. feet of storage and working space.
The main (north) hangar has a single 50' wide aluminum Wilson bi-fold door. This hangar also contains approximately 750 sq. feet of finished space on the main level, including a public restroom with shower, a private office, and a spacious workshop with parts storage and lathe. The north hangar is heated and cooled using a highly efficient radiant geothermal heat pump system. With multiple zones this system utilizes state of the art technology to ensure occupant comfort year round. The north hangar was built in 1986 and remodeled in 2013.
The south hangar has two 50' wide bi-fold doors which provide easy aircraft access on both sides. The hangar is insulated and heated with a waste oil heater. This hangar was built in 1996 and updated in 2014. Both doors feature a concrete access apron on the exterior of the building.
Completed in 2013, the one bedroom one bath loft provides 750 sq. ft. of luxurious living space. With radiant in-floor heating and cooling, high-end european Miele appliances, hand made maple cabinetry, and large exterior windows this living space was featured on HGTV's You Live In What? in 2014.
This comfortable 1530 sq. ft. house features three bedrooms including master bedroom with walk in closet and attached bath, a second full bath, and a spacious open kitchen. Remodeled in 2013, the house is furnished with sustainable cork flooring. Two decks adjoin house and provide exceptional views of the surrounding mountains. An attached two car garage provides convenient vehicle storage.